London, July 25th, 2022. Champagne Mandois joins North South Wines
One of Champagne’s largest organic vineyard owners, Champagne Mandois has joined North South Wines growing portfolio of sustainably led producers. And the brand will be available exclusively through Independent Wine Merchants and the On-Trade.
Based in the village of Pierry, Mandois are a 9th-generation family producer with 37 hectares of vineyard including parcels in prestige villages such as Chouilly, Vertus, Epernay and Pierry. So, with a history dating back to 1735, today the house is run by Claude Mandois who began the process of moving to more natural viticulture in 2000. The culmination of this work came in 2017 with the beginning of conversion to organic viticulture. Today 32.7 hectares are certified.
Murielle Bianco, Sales Manager for Champagne Mandois said:
“We are excited to start working with North South Wines and to further grow the Champagne Mandois brand in the UK. We feel the national coverage of North South Wines will allow more customers to access our fantastic range of wines.”
Kim Wilson, MD North South Wines commented:
“We are absolutely thrilled to be partnering with Champagne Mandois, whose sustainable ethos matches our own commitment to being a more sustainable wine business. We were blown away by the quality and value we found in the wines and are certain that they will be of great interest to our Independent customers. Wines of the quality of Mandois deserve a place in the UK wine trade.”
For any further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About North South Wines
- North South Wines Ltd. set out to discover and distribute great value wines that UK consumers will love. The company does it in a way that upholds the commitments it has made to its partners, employees, and the planet.
- Set up in 2014 with a view to “do things differently”, North South Wines has become more than just your average wine distributor. Led by Managing Director Kim Wilson, its tenacious team is determined to champion better business. And they do so through greater accountability, improving wine distribution through responsible business practices.
- Keen to be green, North South Wines sources wine from family-owned, organic, ethical, and sustainable wineries, wherever possible.
- 70% of the North South Wines’ range is vegan friendly and this is growing.
- North South Wines is a founding member of the Sustainable Wine Roundtable. They join 49 leading wine brands, small producers, distributors, retailers, and environmental organisations. The Sustainable Wine Roundtable aims to accelerate sustainable action in the wine industry, with the aim to create a global standard on sustainability in the industry. And other members include: Alko, Amorim Cork, British Glass, Schenk Group, Systembolaget, The Co-op UK, The Fairtrade Foundation, The Wine Society, Treasury Wine Estate and Waitrose & Partners.
- North South Wines is a Signatory in the Harpers Sustainability Charter. The Charter is in place to help galvanise, share, and drive best practices throughout the drinks trade. And North South Wines is the lead Sustainable Champion for the Charter.
- The company’s aim is to directly supply better quality and better value products. Today, it represents over 27 wineries and has achieved a turnover of 30.7m million (as per March 2022).
- In 2022 the business achieved BRCGS Agent and Broker AA for the second year running.
- North South Wines has also just submitted its B-Corp certification application.
About Champagne Mandois
- Vine-growers since 1735 and owner of an Ecocert certified organic vineyard mainly situated in Premier Cru and Grand Cru areas, the Mandois family has been perpetuating a tradition for nine generations in constant evolution.
- Situated in Pierry, a village near Epernay classified Premier Cru in Champagne, Mandois owns 37 hectares of vineyard.
- The vineyard spreads amongst 12 villages, including the Côte des Blancs, the Côte d’Epernay, the Coteaux de Sézanne and the Côte des Bars.
- Grapes come from famous villages and prestigious terroirs such as Chouilly, Vertus, Pierry and Epernay.
- Mandois’s Vineyard is 70% Chardonnay, 15% Pinot Meunier and 15% Pinot Noir.