North South Wines has been awarded the highest rating possible – AA BRCGS certification – for the second year running. The company was assessed against the new Version 3 BRCGS Global Standard for Agents and Brokers.
North South Wines is one of the few UK wine distributors and agencies to have earned the certification. And its impressive rating demonstrates the company’s commitment to maintaining quality as it manages products through the supply chain.
Commitment to customers
North South Wines’ Technical Manager – and Stage 2 MW student – Emily Brighton once again successfully led this project.
She said :
“I am delighted we have retained our AA grade with zero non-conformance. It is great formal recognition of the hard work put in over the last year to meet the new requirements for Version 3 of the Standard. And not least instilling a ‘culture of quality’ throughout the business and focusing on product authenticity. So it really demonstrates that NSW has industry-leading quality and safety systems in place.”
Credit to the team who got us the AA BRCGS certification
To keep certification, Brighton worked to improve an already robust quality management system. The eleven-hour audit assessed the company against a broad scope of key areas including senior management commitment. This includes hazard and risk analysis, product safety and quality management, supplier and subcontracted service management, and personnel.
Managing Director and Founder of North South Wines Kim Wilson is proud that North South Wines kept its hard-earned certification for the second year. And with no minor non-conformances!
She says, “the news of our top AA grade for our BRCGS Agents and Brokers certification for the second year running has made me so proud. We now have great building blocks in place to continue to improve year on year’’.
“Quality has always been at the forefront of what we do here at North South Wines. It is a well-deserved result for the NSW team, as well as our partner wineries and suppliers who have supported us throughout the process. BRCGS Agent and Broker has given us a great to offer our customer on hundred percent assurance in what we do.”
About BRC Agents and Brokers
BRCGS owns a collection of standards including the globally recognised ‘Agency and Broker’ standard.
They aim to set the benchmark for good manufacturing practice and help provide assurance to customers that products are safe, legal and of high quality.
Find out more about BRCGS and the BRC Agent and Brokers standard at https://www.brcgs.com/our-standards/agents-and-brokers/
About North South Wines
- North South Wines Ltd. set out to discover and distribute great value wines that UK consumers will love. And the company does it in a way that upholds the commitments it has made to its partners, employees, and the planet.
- Set up in 2014 with a view to ‘do things differently’, North South Wines has become more than just your average wine distributor. Managing Director Kim Wilson’s tenacious team champions better business through greater accountability, improving wine distribution through responsible business practices to drive change for good.
- Keen to be green, North South Wines source wine from family owned, organic, ethical, and sustainable wineries, wherever possible.
- 70% of the North South Wines’ range is vegan friendly and this is growing.
- North South Wines is a founding member of Sustainable Wine Roundtable. They join 49 leading wine brands, small producers, distributors, retailers, and environmental organisations. The Sustainable Wine Roundtable aims to accelerate sustainable action in the wine industry, with the aim to create a global standard on sustainability in the industry. And other members include: Alko, Amorim Cork, British Glass, The Co-op UK, The Fairtrade Foundation, The Wine Society, Treasury Wine Estate and Waitrose & Partners.
- North South Wines is a Signatory in the Harpers Sustainability Charter. The Charter helps galvanise, share, and drive best practice throughout the drinks trade. And North South Wines is the lead Sustainable Champion for the Charter.
- The company directly supplies better quality and better value products. Today, North South Wines Ltd. represents more than 27 wineries, achieving a turnover of 30.7m million (as per March 2022).
- And in 2022 the business achieved BRCGS Agent and Broker AA for the second year running.
- North South Wines has also just submitted its B-Corp certification application.