Role – National Account Manager – Tesco & Sainsburys
Reporting relationships – Head of Sales Off Trade
Location – Home based with travel to customers and London office
Start Date – April 2022
About North South Wines
North South Wines Ltd. is a dynamic, forward thinking wine distributor who set out to discover and distribute great value wines that UK consumers will love. The company does it in a way that upholds the commitments it has made to its partners, employees, and the planet.
Founded in 2014 with a view to doing things differently. We are energetic and creative with the drive to make things happen.
As a company that’s part owned by three wineries it is also set up to directly supply better quality and better value products. Today, North South Wines Ltd. represents more than 27 wineries and achieved a turnover of 27 million last year and seeing sales in excess of 1.5M 9L cases sold.
In 2021 the business achieved BRCGS Agent and Broker AA.
We have seen rapid growth in the last 12 months and are looking for an experienced National Account Manager to help us meet our ambitious growth plans.
The right candidate must currently work with, or have experience working with the Tesco and/or Sainsburys, and be looking for a role where they can make their own decisions, work with autonomy and have a real impact on the shape of this business.
To champion better business through greater accountability, whilst simplifying and improving wine distribution through responsible business practices
To discover and distribute great value and quality wines that UK consumers will love in a way that upholds the commitments we’ve made to our partners, employees and our planet.
A collaborative, tenacious team spirit drives us forward to discover and exceed the expectations of our partners, customers and employees. We have the courage to push boundaries.
Job Description – Account manager
The successful applicant will play a key role in driving the channel & business strategies alongside the Off Trade Head of Sales. We are looking for someone who has the experience and knowledge to drive the company agenda – to meet budgets and deliver KPI’s, support customers and deliver long term, sustainable growth for us and our producers partners.
You will understand the objectives of each Key Account, manage the full P&L, and build relationships with your customers. You will also develop a good understanding of our portfolio – we have a broad range of wines, from over 27 producers, and it is important that everyone understands it well enough to choose the right products for the right opportunities.
This diverse amount manager role will require you to assess opportunities for the business, making use of market data and competitor analysis. Working with the wider team to be one step ahead – forward planning and problem solving – to deliver to customers and support the business needs.
We are looking for someone who wants to work in a fast-paced company, who wants to be part of a winning team and wants to work hard and get results.
This account manager role reports to the Head of Off Trade Sales and will be part of the Off Trade Sales team.
Specific Tasks – Account manager
- Work with the Head of Off Trade Sales to maximise profitable sales and meet sales and margin budgets
- Build customer relationships with key contacts
- Understand the customer’s operational systems and ensure NSW reflect these systems/structures
- Monitor the sales, stocks and depletions within the customers and work with supply chain, to put systems in place to ensure no out of stocks
- Co-ordinate information and complete paperwork for Customer Tenders and New Lines.
- Visit suppliers with customers where required, including prep for the visit and follow up.
General internal tasks
- Complete all the required internal reports as required and on time.
- Liaise with all departments in North South Wines to ensure that all are aware of what the customers require and ensuring that the customer’s requirements are met.
- Manage all critical paths for promotions and new lines.
- Work with other team members to prepare presentations for customers and internal meetings
- Plan customer visits where needed.
- Work with Buying, Marketing and Sales teams to fully understand the supplier base and their wines.
- Experience within Tesco and/or Sainsburys
- Professional, self-motivated and conscientious
- Strong business analysis- ability to spot and exploit sales opportunities
- Ability to spot, and persistence to drive new business
- Ability to take complex data, analyse and present simply
- Strong communication skills – able to talk to people at all levels in a business
- Tenacity and problem-solving skills
- Experience in negotiation
- Organised & efficient, able to deal with numerous issues, and effectively prioritise
- Receptive to new ideas and able to act on initiative
- Team player and adaptable to frequently changing conditions
- Able to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Flexible with working hours if required
- Ambitious nature, a desire to acquire new skills and responsibilities over time
- Driving Licence
- Wine Appreciation/WSET Qualified
Sound like the role for you?
Either enquire or send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
North South Wines is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.