Want to find out a little more about what we do, our wines and how we can help grow your business? Then get in touch now! email@example.com
De Bortoli’s Winemaker Steve Webber has created two new ranges with the aim to educate and promote the regionality and provenance of Australian wines. Steve Webber says of the launch “Like food, consumers are increasingly inquisitive about where their wine comes from. Australia's climates are so diverse that it is important that people link variety and wine style with a region or place. This is what we are trying to do with both of these ranges. Pure and detailed expressions of Chardonnay and Pinot from the Yarra Valley, plump and richly textured Shiraz from Heathcote, gently aromatic Pinot Grigio from the King Valley".
Kim Wilson, commercial director at North South Wines, stated, – “the timing is perfect for the UK market, where it is calling out for a brand to lead the charge on awareness of Australian regionality.”
The Palette Series
• The series is made up of four single varietal wines from cool climate vineyards. These are the Fresh Reign Pinot Grigio 2014 from the King Valley, Topsy-Turvy Chardonnay 2013 from the Yarra Valley, the Gumboot Fruit Shiraz 2014 from the Heathcote and the Over Yonder Pinot Noir 2015 from the Yarra Valley.
• The wines come from remarkable terroir; the Shiraz vines are planted on some of the oldest soils on the planet composed of deep red Cambrian volcanic soil mottled with limestone.
• The range is competitively priced at £9.99, offering exceptional value for money.
• Unique, consumer-friendly and eye-catching packaging portrays a modern art design to depict the region from which the wine is from.
• Targeted at impulse, multiple grocers and specialists.
The Regional Reserve Series
• The series is composed of regional wines from premium vineyards across Victoria, Australia. These are the Regional Reserve Chardonnay 2014 from the Yarra Valley, the Regional Reserve Sauvignon Blanc Semillon 2015 from the Yarra Valley, the Regional Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 from the Yarra Valley, the Regional Reserve Pinot Noir 2015 and the Regional Reserve Shiraz 2014 from the Heathcote.
• Fruit is harvested from specific vineyard plots and vinified and matured separately. For example, the Chardonnay comes from sites located at Dixons Creek, Yarra Glen, Tarrawarra, and Woori Yallock. The juice is racked to older French oak casks (225L, 500L and 5700L).
• The range is also competitively priced at £9.99.
• Packed in stylish, classic packaging, this series is aimed at independent and regional wholesalers.
Also on display at the ADT will be De Bortoli's La Boheme range and a selection premium Yarra Valley wines including Yarra Valley Estate Pinot Noir 2014, S5 Chardonnay 2012, and the famed Noble One Botrytis Semillon 2011.
ADT London 26th January 10 – 5pm - TABLE 66
The Royal Horticultural Halls
The Lindley Hall
London SW1P 2QW
ADT Edinburgh 28th January 2pm - 5pm – TABLE 18
2 Roxburgh Place,
Scotland EH8 9SU