BRCGS – at a glance
- Simplifies and improves wine distribution by ensuring product integrity and product quality.
- Helps us meet customer expectations every time.
- Provides peace of mind from a preventative framework that ensures consumer safety.
- Promotes a ‘culture of quality’ right the way through our operation.
BRCGS Agents and Brokers explained
The BRCGS Agents and Brokers standard was first introduced in 2014
It’s an industry benchmark for wine agencies like ourselves and is described by BRCGS as “providing a framework to manage product safety, authenticity, quality and legality for businesses in the food, packaging and consumer products industries that buy, sell or facilitate the trade of products.”
Its importance to us
- Our mission is to simplify and improve wine distribution by ensuring product integrity and quality throughout the chain of supply from producer to consumer.
- We want to ensure that what ends up with our customers is great quality, safe, legal and exactly as expected.
- It gives us peace of mind – we want to make sure we have a preventative framework in place to prevent the consumer from harm
- We want to instil a ‘culture of quality’ right the way through our operation – whether that’s quality of service, process or product.
The benefits to you
- It gives you peace of mind – we want you to have an extra level of confidence in us as a supplier partner as well.
- It gives you confidence in our supply base – as part of the audit, the wineries we work with had to demonstrate that they too had the right systems in place to ensure quality throughout their supply chains, from raw material sourcing to the bottling process.
- Checks are now in place to make sure claims about production, ingredients and allergens can always be backed up, and we hold 100% accurate product data, as a way of mitigating risk to the consumer.
- Our haulage and warehousing partners have to make sure their shipping and storage methods met the required criteria. These checks help us maintain greater control over our supply chains, as transparency has been greatly improved.
We are extremely proud to be one of only a handful of agents to have achieved ‘AA Grade’, and look forward to you experiencing the benefits of this accreditation.